NEMO is a network of public Wifi hotspots across Neuchâtel, delivered through a public/private partnership.
Its purpose is to:
• provide free and non-discriminatory mobile internet access in public places for Neuchâtel residents and visitors;
• offer young people and students affordable internet access at places of learning;
• foster the development of new web-based applications;
• meet the current and future mobility requirements of public groups and businesses, through reliable, stable and secure wireless internet access compliant with legal standards;
• reduce investment and operating costs by dividing them fairly between the public and private sectors of the central infrastructure.
With NEMO, residents and visitors can connect to the internet from various places across the canton. The hotspots are shown on a map and will be extended over the coming years.
Users are required to register online and will then receive an SMS with an access code which can be used at all NEMO sites.